Any help would be appreciated !!

Hey All, we are new to the Lake Fishing deal. Made a few trips up so far and only caught one Laker. We run two downriggers and two out on Mag Dipsy. Any advice on lure selection and depths would be GREATLY appreciated. We will be heading up Friday a.m and spending the weekend. If things don't go better this time we may have to give up on the lake and just fish the Estuary and River. Thanks Again for any help.

If you haven't done it - go on at least one charter. The many great captains on the lake will teach you so much more in a short period of time than you can learn on your own. We just did our first trip on our own after several charters and we caught somewhere around 70 fish including 3 mature salmon and a 14-1/2 lb steelhead in four days. Most of what we learned before hand was from charters and research on this site.

i agree with g-daddy. going on one charter or even going out with someone who has it figured out is well worth the money and time. there is alot to learn and at this point in the season your behind the eight ball. this is my second season trolling and last year i started by going out with a well known charter just as an observer and wow did that help. just watching how they rig why they rig and where they rig helped me put alot of fish in my boat this season. the fish this time of year are staging to head up the rivers so i would start looking in 100 feet of water or less. the one thing ill tell you from my limited knowledge at this point is a temperature probe is worth every penny you pay for it. in fact id rather fish without a fish finder than without my probe. the sharks like to be in 42-58degree water and if your lure arent in those temps it can be very boring. dont give up. read, listen and ask questions and when the first fish hits the deck you will never look back youll be hooked. its alot of money and work but is very rewarding when you start hitting fish

by the way davey jones and pig pen flasher have been hot in the sun with big fin atommik fly and if its cloudy hammer time and white with green dot spinnys with shredded hammer and crinckle green glo atommik flys have taken alot of beasts as well. 22-24in leaders on the flies. a jplug or two is a good idea this time of year as well. get one that glows for low light times and the bloody nose jplug is a great choice for sunny times. good luck