Skaneateles trolling

I usually don't start fishing out there until October. But if I were to go now I would be heading out in the dark and running a mix of perch sticks and light colored spoons (red, orange, pink etc.) flat lined and put riggers down from 5-15ft. until the sun came over the hills. Then I would switch and start fishing the thermal cline with the riggers which should be down around 40ft or so. With overcast they should be up top feeding in the early am through the morning but if the sun is out its always tuff go deeper and hope for the best. That would be my best advice, Good luck. Would love to hear a report if you go. :yes:

I usually don't start fishing out there until October. But if I were to go now I would be heading out in the dark and running a mix of perch sticks and light colored spoons (red, orange, pink etc.) flat lined and put riggers down from 5-15ft. until the sun came over the hills. Then I would switch and start fishing the thermal cline with the riggers which should be down around 40ft or so. With overcast they should be up top feeding in the early am through the morning but if the sun is out its always tuff go deeper and hope for the best. That would be my best advice, Good luck. Would love to hear a report if you go. :yes:

Skan,

Grandpafishon and I had a pretty good morning a couple of weeks ago. We did mostly lakers, but also had two rainbows and a bass. They liked a gold/silver hammered sutton in 55 degree water.

It might be kinda busy there this weekend with the races going on. I'm pretty sure its catch and release only on the swimmer.

Rusty