Hot Lure: Rrred echip w/ hypnotist fly

Trolling Speed: 2.4

Down Speed: 2.4

Boat Depth: 40-60 fow

Lure Depth: 25-50

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My brother and I took out my sister and her boyfriend for their first Lake-O outing and get them on some kings. It wasn't fast and furious like last week, but at least we got them on some good kings! 8) As we headed out of the channel we saw one of the boats fishing off the bank of the river hook up, so there were definitely fish in the river. Got on the water a little late this AM, but started setting lines at 6:30 and after the third rod got set, the 120' wire started singing! After a short run and some head shakes, it somehow hooked us on the bottom. Couldn't shake it free so we ended up breaking the wire line at the knot. Set back up and worked the 40-60 fow range and had a slow pick until 9am when the bite died all together for us. We managed to hook up with 5 more kings (8, 10, 16, 20, 21 lbs). Saw quite a few other boats hooked up, especially early, and saw quite a few fish jumping/breaking the surface. Didn't mark much on the FF screen, just occasional hooks - thought we would see a loaded screen of staging kings, but that wasn't the case. The following set-ups took shots:

Green Glow J-plug

Rrred Hot Tamale echip w/ hypnotist fly tipped with meat

Wonderbread glow echip w/ glow teaser

Blue dolphin spin doc w/ chasin' tail fly

Green UV echip w/ crazy b**ch fly

Riggers were set 25-38 ft down, wires out 110-150 ft. Over 100 boats working the area, including quite a few from Oswego. I didn't have my phone with me, so once I get the pics from my bro, I'll post them. That may be the last trip of the season for us if we don't make it out one last time next weekend. Good luck to all the fall fishermen and we'll see ya on the hardwater in Dec! 8)