a message home from florida

Name: tom viele

Home Port: lemon bay-formerly irondequoit bay

Boat Name/Type: "buoy-yah" 18' center console-was "7 year itch" 29' penn yan prowler

I fish for: from trout and salmon to whatever the salt will relent today

==================

i just found this forum and decided to join to keep up with the whats going on up north and hopefully run into some of my old friends from the big pond...

i ran the 7 year itch out of irondequoit bay and its one of the few things i miss about living up north....it was a penn yan 295 prowler hardtop and i have a lot of local rochester captains to thank for my success fishing ontario with it...

i am currently living in englewood, florida just north of boca grande...in an attempt to get out of the slump the economy has us in i picked up a wreck of a center console (1989 stratos 1800cc w/ johnson 175 oceanrunner) and refurbished it for bay and light offshore fishing in this area...the salt is a bit different to deal with but i'm learning as i go...

ive had our daughter rena fishing some shore tournaments and shes been pretty successful...shes 11 now and i'm trying to keep her interest as long as i can before boys take over...

i look forward to the stories from ontario and with any luck i'll be able to share some good saltwater tales along the way...

STUMP_PASS_BEACHED.jpg

interior_from_stern.jpg

Tom,

Hope all is well in Florida it's supposed to snow up here tommorrow I bet you dont miss that :lol: Lots of great people on this site for sure. My daughter may be going to school in the very near future to University of Florida Atlantic. Welcome aboard.

Tom