Cayuga 10-26-11

Monday morning we launched out of TFalls with white caps all over the lake. Trolled for a little under two hours picking up a 26" laker before we couldnt take it anymore. It was rocking and rolling under the foot bridge.

We launched out of TFalls again this morning around 9 to find the lake not as rough as I thought it would be. We trolled until 1:30 picking up 4 lakers including a 12# fatty. We marked a lot of fish and tons of baitfish but most were not interested in our offerings. The guys fishing on shore said they were catching a few lakers.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Lakers tend to be negative to neutral thru spawn & post spawn.LLs & BTs will have more days when they are active in spawn and typically much more active post spawn. Bows are the most consistently active fall species since repro is not a factor for them now. As the water continues to cool & mix these fish will be increasingly spread throughout the water column. The most consistent fishing will resume in late Dec /Jan but there should be some excellent bite days here & there in Nov, especially for the Atlantics. -Andy

Lakers tend to be negative to neutral thru spawn & post spawn.LLs & BTs will have more days when they are active in spawn and typically much more active post spawn. Bows are the most consistently active fall species since repro is not a factor for them now. As the water continues to cool & mix these fish will be increasingly spread throughout the water column. The most consistent fishing will resume in late Dec /Jan but there should be some excellent bite days here & there in Nov, especially for the Atlantics. -Andy

Thanks Andy!! Thats some good info to know. If I ever get my boat fixed, I'll be up that way this winter.