FALL SALMON STAGING

i agre with the east thing but temp has little to due with the run',,' kings start running as early as july with good flow rates and the middle of august is when we used to start the salmon river trips for kings. usually the first week of sept pretty good runs happen (with good flow) and were there in our sneakers and shorts standing in warm water they go when they gotta go warm or cold.........

Fishbandit,

I think it depends on the port. Most of the time you will find the stagers on structure near the trib they are going to spawn in. For example, most of the Genny run kings are found off of Braddocks Point or Ship builders point. One is to the East and one to the West.

Stop worrying about it and fish out deeper to catch next year's fish. I laugh every time I fish in September and watch people cutting eachother off to try fo fish in front of port... I fly out to 250fow and catch 12-15lb fish which aren't all dark and nasty :)

At least in Sodus, the fishing really picks up in September as long as you're not after the 20+lb fish... although we still catch them out deeper as well.

Nick