Lake St.Clair 1st week

Sounds like an awesome trip Larry! Fishing that lake will spoil any musky angler - they catch muskies there like we catch brown trout on Lake Ontario - its crazy! Should be a fun trip :yes:

Panfisher -

Not to be taken in a literal sense but my point being that its really an amazing trophy fishery that is second to none in the world when it comes to musky fishing. Here is a guy who tripled up on 53", 51" & a 50" in Aug this year. They ended the day 11 for 13.

main60.jpg

Here is another trip they had earlier that year going 27 for 31 with several doubles and another triple:

http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/show ... uskie-Trip

I've heard/read several other reports of 50+ musky weekend trips - its crazy! This of course isn't to say the fishing is always that good, as it can turn off just like Lake Ontario does - but you get the point.

Hope you have a good trip up there Larry - can't wait to hear your reports! :yes:

Chad

Maybe we will see you out there. We are just north of Lake St Clair and have fished it many times. The lake has its good and bad days. Some days you can't catch one if your life depended on it. Other days its non stop. The lake is very shallow and becomes a mess after storms with dirty water. We always take perch rods and minnows along and if ater a few hours of trolling for musky with no action you can allows anchor for some perch fishing. Belle river hump is a great spot for that. I can get you in touch with some local fishermen in Belle river that I know as well. Jigging for musky and or casting for musky as well as jigging or dragging harnesses for walleye are also other options.

FSNmachine,Thanks.I have fished St.Clair before and also have done well in the St.Clair River & Detroit River! Capt. Don Miller and I are close friends as well.Also will get info from Jason at Michigan Musky Shop.We will be staying at Belle River Yacht Club with boat dock in front of your room.I'll be on VHF channel 9,give me a shout to Mostlymuskies!Good Luck to You for the opening week as well!