Owasco Lake

Hey everyone,

Recently my parents bought a home on Owasco lake. My father and I experienced a good amount of success fishing in the spring for Lakers, but i was hoping to gain a little knowledge on the fishing(colors, lures, locations, etc). We are currently setup with riggers and planers. Most of our fish came trolling stick baits and spoons, but we did live bait mooneyes, and jig as the fish moved deeper in summer. We love fishing for anything that swims so any information regardless of species would be greatly appreciated, we managed to catch one large walleye(the only of the season), several smallmouth, and I'm happy to report i landed one of the famed Owasco browns even though it measured about 12 inches and he was caught casting from the dock.

Anyway I'm happy to be a new member of LOU, and i look forward to making some new fishing buddies

walleye.jpg

You should take Mark up on his offer. My boy and I have helped several people on Cayuga and it is fun to see how they do after a few lessons. I've been accused of costing them money :lol: When I take them out I tell them to not give their spouses my phone number so they cann't complain to me about all the equipment they buy. We normaly fish the South shore marina derby on father's day so we might see you then. Hail me on that new VHF radio. Oh no spending your money already! Wes

haha love the response wes,

Yeah i certainly plan on taking mark up on his offer. I'm guilty of helping others spend their money on gear also, but on a much smaller scale haha. I live in Pennsylvania, and fish all the streams in my area. An ultra light trout rod and a few spinners is a lot less expensive then a boat full of riggers and trolling outfits. Anyway see you at derby hopefully this year we will catch some fish worth weighing! 8)

thanks

alex