We attempted to launch at Sodus today and the cold weather the last few days iced it up. Chunk ice clogged the entire channel and the coast guard launch was frozen. But, with the way the wind was blowing I suspect by end of day it may have blown out of there.

We went west and must be either hughes or Pultneyville was open because there was one boat out there. Based on clear water we bagged it.

Yeah I showed up and ended up talking to a guy who let me know about the launch a couple miles west. Launched outta there and fished most the day. Pretty hard to steer with my canvas up I was like a kite out there! Found a nice patch of mud and pulled a bunch of browns out of it. We ended up with a dozen or so and lost a couple nice ones. Had a decent day. Me and the guy I followed over there were the only boats out. Ended up being an okay day until I discovered my wallet was gone somehow :@ ! I think I might have dropped it at the coast guard launch. Here is a pic of a couple decent browns we caught today...

429962_330295773673956_100000806072886_802302_455215215_n.jpg

RodBuster - Got a call from triple A and someone went out of their way to call them and say they found my wallet. I was sick all day with no voice so had my girlfriend call the number they left with AAA and she talked with the wife. She said her husband who was fishing found it and it was in the porta-potty. No one could have launched out of Sodus and not many fisherman there so I'm wondering if it was you seeing as you were there? If it was, its nice to know there are people like you out there.. If it wasnt you I'd like to know who went out of there way because they deserve a rightful thank you. I'm not worried about the cash but about the contents, especially the TWIC card!

I looked at the Coast Guard ramp this morning. There was some loose ice right at the ramp them open water all the way out the channel. I didn't see much of a mud line along the shore but the sun reflection was making it difficult to see. 1 to 2 ft rollers at 7:00am.