Species Breakdown: Browns, Coho, Atlantic, and a King

Hot Lure: Northport Nailer Orange/Ice/Glow on Gold, Hot'n'tot

Trolling Speed: 1.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 8'-27'

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Shake down cruise. Busy morning with lots of hits. Batting average was not great. I think we lost at least 7 fish on the chute 1.5 color leadcore rod. Spoons took 3/4 of the hits. One on a Rapala flat-rap, and maybe 6-7 shots on small hot'n'tot. Ran a nine rod spread most of the morning (exhausting) with planer lines off both sides, a rigger rod, and a chute leadcore. Fished the brown trout inshore water, with better temps and more fish out a little deeper 14-17 FOW. Near the end of the trip we were greeted with a nice surprise while peeling out into deeper water for Lakers when the chute leadcore took a hit, screamed around......ran up to mid-port.....and back....love spring Kings!!!!

Picture120.jpg

Picture119.jpg

Picture118.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Picture116.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture121.jpg

====================

Welcome back to Port Vince, I see you discovered the :yes: icon LOL :lol: Isn't it funny how all the Kings lakewide seem to always be in-step with each other. I saw your double king tweet as well as other similar king reports all around a similar time. For whatever reason the Kings turned on after 12:00. Fish are FAT and healthy.

I run small curly tailed grubs behind a peanut head/cowbells instead of beads for lakers. We were just starting to go deeper for Lakers when we took the king and the skies opened up so we decided to end the day on a good note instead of trying to complete a grand slam.

Picture044.jpg

Gill-T, LOL yes I discovered that. Baby steps man, baby steps. Some of the guys on here actually think I have a smart phone. Maybe after my current one dies a moisture-related death like all the rest before i'll "take the plunge." It was the best cold/wet day ever out there, congrats again on your great day. After all these years, Kings still amaze me in every way. NOW you can officially consider it Spring!