Prop ????

JakeyBaby

I have a 22ft Chris Craft that wieghs in the ball park of 3300lbs. It is pushed by a 4cyl. 180hp Mercuiser. I have 2 prop's and not sure wich one will work better for trolling and top end..?? More so for trolling but i guess i should be more conserned with the right one! I have a 14.5 x 19 that i believe came with the boat when i bought it..?? :dull: The other is a 15 x 21, i have no clue on wich one is better suited for the motor and Alpha outdrive! Any help would be great!! And thanks to Hank for helping me out with other issues i am having really appreciate it!!! :D

Thanks Again

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Your motor should have a sticker or plate on it with important info including recommended W.O.T rpms. The right prop will allow you to achieve those RPMs. This usually provides a compromise between performance , engine longevity, and fuel economy. The problem is, this RPM number differs from manufacturer to manufacturer, in what amount of load is to aboard. Generally, half fuel and a couple people onboard. Also keep in mind that the prop must be in tip top shape--completely tuned-or everything is irrelevant.

All this and prop choice is an ongoing science, and we are learning as new designs and materials are developed. Good Luck!