Canandaigua 4/7

Fished the Avon Anglers tourney on Sat. Fished the by the condos most of the day. Went 9-11, 4 browns and 5 lakers. All browns were between 3-4 lbs and biggest laker was just over 6. Browns were on the top, 2 on spoons and 2 on sticks. All lakers were from 140-170 down over 180-200fow on sd/fly and peanuts. Tried in close first thing, no marks or takers so we moved out to deeper water. Good pods of bait but hugging the bottom over 200. Biggest fish was a 8lb laker 3rd was a 6lb brown.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Wow - sounds like a fun day. Who won the tourney? Wondering how large of a fish if you recall. 9 for a 11 - man that does sound fun and you put some work it - good for you.

I was out there also but stayed within the first couple of miles from the south launch and mostly on the east side which was slow. We went 4-4 and the fish were on the small side, 4 pounders or so - all but one got tossed back in which was 7 pounds. However, once we made a turn, we started picking them up on the west side. I was surprised as the east side had been working well up until this past weekend. I never made it northbound too far, we ended up leaving around noonish.