Removing roller guide tip

I purchased 2 Blue diamond roller rods last year. I like the smaller blue diamond roller rods because they are easier to get around in my smaller boat with and the rods puts the breaks to the salmon. My 10' 6" rigger rods with the twilli tip worked but we just too big for my narrow boat and were always in the way. The thing I didn't like about the blue diamond roller rods was that the wire was jumping the roller and getting stuck and I had lost a few fish whether they came unbuttoned or as in 2 cases lost dispey , flasher and fly. That hurts. :@ I see that torpedo brand makes a new tip is there anybody out there with any experience with these or any other brand and is it possible to remove a tip on the poles with the roller guides already attached. Your feedback is appreciated.

G

I put the Torpedo roller tips on my Dipsey rods last year. They swivel about 270 degrees and have a built in guide to keep the wire in the center of the roller. Very well made...... If you install them, make sure before you glue them in place you position them so they swivel to each side evenly

You can try GENTLY applying heat from a candle to loosen the glue on the existing tip, if that dosen't work, or if you "melt" the blank inside the old tip, cut off the old tip with a fine blade hacksaw, roughen the area where the new tip will go and epoxy the new ones on

The old station wagon power tailgate window does a good job too!!!! ;( A little heat from a candle should loosen it up, don't leave it in the flame too long though.