In-line Boards

I have a small boat and am relatively new to spring trolling. I have a mast/ board system but there are days when I fish alone. I tried to run the boards by myself and forget it unless the lake is calm. I have a couple small Church in-line boards which I thought would be much easier to use by myself. Have any of you used in-lines with success? Any tricks of the trade? Do you run them to slide down to a swivel ahead of the lure or fixed and you remove them by hand once you reel them in to the boat? Thanks for any help.

I use offshores and i use an or16 to keep boards online letting the front release so they don't pull to bad after fish is on but letting them slide would do. I hate when they come off. You could use jets or weights for depth if out deeper, in close i just run stickbaits that fits the water depth

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

If you are alone then I would rig them to slide down the line to a splitshot about 4 to 5 feet from the lure. Make sure the splitshot is large enough to stop the board. When a fish takes, keep the line tight and reel slow and steady till the board hits the shot.You wont feel much until the board gets to the shot or it is a large fish.Try not to pump the rod much when the board is sliding. This is the best method I have found when rigging them to slide.

I use inlines all the time, Church Walleye Boards. We use them for eyes on Erie and spring fishing on Ontario because I also have a small 16 foot aluminum. We like to remove the board then fight the fish. They are quite easy to remove by yourself, just try to keep the line as tight as possible. We have good success with them and they run well in a good chop as well.

I've been using Z-Boards in-line boards and have nothing but good to say about them. Two of the best features are that they pull WAY out to the side and also that they stay upright at all times. You can even come to a stop and then start back up and they will not fall over.

Just to stay on topic...I remove mine by hand, keeping the line tight as possible.

• 3 weeks later...