Transducer Mounting

Kahuna

I have just purchased a Hummingbird Model 788ci HD DI and want to mount it on my Welcraft Coastal 210. Does nyone have any suggestions as to how to mount the transducer to the transome of the boat, (I was thinking of using a mounting plate on the transome and then attach the transducer to the plate ), and how to snake the tranducer cable to the dash of the boat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :beer:

Use the mounting plate and save the holes into the transom.

Run a fish-wire back starting from the under the dash following the path of dash wiring and out the access hole in sidewall for steering and electrical cables. Attach the transducer cable to the fish-wire end with tape and pull it to the dash. Can be done solo, but easier if you have assistance to feed the transducer cable. Avoid interference by NOT coiling any excess transducer cable.

Hope this helps.

Like Don said.

SMC metal on the corner of Mount Read and Buffalo road in Rochester reopened and they have a bin of left over pieces of aluminum ( 3/4 inch by 4) and other sizes close to that. You can find your mounting plate in that bin for real cheap compared to anything else on the market.

Cornelis