New Cayuga Lake Fisherman

Hey All,

Great forum, I just recently purchased a bow rider that I have slipped at Johnson's on Cayuga Lake. I grew up on Ontario Lake bass fishing and always had good luck.

Sooo, I am new to fishing Cayuga Lake and a buddy of mine have been out twice this year with no luck. I am wondering what some good depths, setups, or fishing holes are for someone who does not have down-riggers and just enjoys casting out lines? Last Sunday we were out from 7:30 AM till About 11 AM and didn't even get a bite. We tried numerous small coves on both the West & East shores, usually we were trying to drift along the shelf at about 20' depths, we had a couple lines out with worms and minows and then were casting with spoons and rapalas, no bites all day. We couldn't even get a little perch or something to bite the worms :( .

Any suggestions to have a little better luck on my next outing? Not a huge fisherman just like to real them in and let em back in the lake.

Thanks for any tips guys!

-Chris

Ithaca, NY

maybe try fishing deeper. Find bait and fish minnows or jigs near the bottom out to 60 fow plus. Lakers will be out there too. Cast near points and drop offs.

Could always try a little trolling to learn the area. Flatline a rapala, get a small dipsey and maybe a spoon or two. and use your regular rod to troll with. Maybe not a spinning rod though. Don't spend too much. after a few trips you'll have learned a bit of the shore structure and seen where bait hangs out. or fish weekends and bring a pair of binocs.

Soon you'll want to drop jigs on lakers in 80, thats big fun

rf