May 20-21-22, 2012 - WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad arr'd at camp on Saturday AM and he and Hay Bay Larry and I headed out for the morning fish. Larry had been out on Friday and marked fish west of Bayview Resort, so we started trolling towards the Grass IS and over the deep hole, marked many fish but nothing talking in that area.

Continued on past the boat house on the point and into the area just south of that, fishing 9 - 10 feet of water, hadn't gone but five minutes and Larry has a fish on. Great, landed a nice fish close to 4 lbs..

This wasn't the 4lber

IMG_0001-LarryandFish.jpg

Then the fun began----- Bert hits one, Larry hits one, Bert hits another, finally I was able to land one also. Met several other boats in the area - nice to see Duke and his wife out there.

IMG_0002-BertandFish.jpg

We fished the area until 1200, having started there around 0845, here's the days total Like Mercer says, we fished for 3 hours 45 minutes and we landed a total of Thirty (30) walleyes. The BITE was ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had fish for the table

IMG_0006-Superdad-RedCapBert-HayBayLarry-4x6.jpg

We were pumped after the morning fish but didn't go out on the evening (other plans)

Sunday, my wife Pat joined Bert and I and we headed to the Church to see what we could see over there, Bert hit a 4lber in the first five minutes and we continued to scout the area, Hi to Roger and Tony.....

From our observations, we could see the growth of the weeds in areas that didn't have weeds last year - it's going to different over there this year. Headed back and stopped at Saturdays hot spot and we hit three eyes on our first pass. Headed in as it was near lunch.

Monday, the holiday, Bayboy joined Bert and I and we headed for the flats, Bert landed a walleye, a pike and a sunfish before we thought better. The winds were quite strong and the weed growth in the last week was amazing. Couldn't fight the wind and the weeds so we headed for the lee of the south shore. Trolling over there was tough, so we headed down wind towards McCabe Bay, the wind pushed us into 5 & 6 feet of water, but we started hitting some more fish, Bert kept catching walleyes, I landed a sheepie and finally Bayboy hit some fish and his fishing season had started.

We came ashore at 1200 with a final count of 8 walleyes, four for BayBoys' fridge. Great day again.

We didn't fish a whole lot, three days of approx 4 hours with three rods, Total was 42 walleyes and a whole lot of fun.

Days and weekends don't come along like this every year - may never happen again - who knows???? All I know is that we had a fabulous weekend of fishing.

All fish were caught on the Uzick Spinner, with the majority caught by RecapBert using a Florescent lure.

It seemed like everyone was getting fish, in the flats, in front of Bayview, over by Ram Island - super fishing......

Stay Tuned

David aka Superdad

• 2 weeks later...