Humminbird FF power

I currently have a Humminbird 778c HD FF . It apparently is not entirely compatable with my Airmar B60 thru hull transducer. I was considering upgrading to a 800 series unit but have a question about the RMS output. My tranducer is 600 watts. The 778c is 500 watts. The 858c is 500 watts and the 958c is 1000 watts. Would I gain anything significant by going to the 958 over the 858? My main problem with the 778 is that I can't eliminate or reduce the surface clutter if I am in water less than 150 ft. In deeper water it works great. Although the 50kHz doesn't work at all with this unit which is why I am considering a 800 or 900 series unit.

High Bidder

The only thing you gain is the screen size. Same OS from what I understand. Check some of your settings. Here is what we use:

Water Type - Salt Deep

Surface Clutter - 3

Noise Filter - Med to High 1

Switchfire - On

You need to make sure you have the transducer type selected to dual or in the case of the B60 the 50/200 ducer. Take range off Auto, and adjust it to 10' below the actual bottom, or when your deep keep it locked on the top 150 or 200'. All of this helps your picture. Try those settings and see if it helps. I'd be surprised if you couldn't use that ducer with the unit you have now. I do know when you put on a B60 you have to go into the settings and select it. Otherwise it will try to use another type of ducer. That ducer isn't a Humminbird specific ducer. Although it works just fine b/c we've used it, but only on units in the 9 series or higher. I thought I knew someone on here who used it for a 7 series.