Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Well after hitting the road around 5AM from London we got our lines in the water by about 7:30am. Dropped in about 100ft straight out from the bridge, as I was setting lines the newb kind of had us going the wrong way, after some messing around and back on course about 115 ft we get a small Coho to get things started, as we worked out to about 135-140 I had been marking lots of decent marks on the bottom (which I figured were lakers) as we went a long so I dropped the ball to the floor and before I knew it my buddy was on his first decent fish, (monkey puke NK28) after a couple of not bad runs and a long reel to the surface and there was this massive laker coming along. Slipped the net under him and in the boat came this rediculously chunky fish. I figured I better get a pick of the new guy with his big fish. The picture turned out hilarious as we was trying to figure out how to hold it while it kept kickin. Fish was revived and swam away.

The rest of the day was kind of a pick of smaller bows, and coho's nothing to really note... that is until about 120 FOW just slightly west of shell pier, rigger down 95 feet (Black, white back, purple tape nk28) ... I watched the rod release, grabbed and started to reel. well before I knew my line is peeling off at a rapid rate after about a 300 foot run in a matter of seconds the battle was on. When it was over the new guy netted a beautiful 23lb king. After this we fished around here for a bit with no avail, headed all the way out to about 190fow to see what was going on with nothing to show other then a couple more bows.

Around this time we were about 1:30 and I had worked in to about 90 feet of water between shell and bronte, all of a sudden I started marking bait ball after bait ball. Seemed to be a few other guys working the same area. All spoons and flasher flies that were working did not pull any bites in this area, I think if we had fished here for the morning we probably would of had a great day. The bait balls were in 85-100fow almost out front of Bronte. These were the only real bait balls we marked all day but they were all good size. Too bad we didn't find them till the afternoon and the bite seemed to have really shut down.

Any one fishing tomorrow I would try that area in the AM!

All in all another great trip to wonderful Lake Ontario. Just wish I lived closer so I could get on the water earlier!

The Hilarious shot

photo1.jpg

Finally a nice King!

photo5.jpg

====================

I was out in the same area on the same morning. Same results ,lots of small coho and bows . Was a great day . Btw. what are you fishing in. Looks like an oversized blue bathtub. You have balls thats for sure heading out in a rig that small. Hey what ever works!!! Nice King. :yes: