Genny River Sept 17 Monday morning

Put in at the Genny River launch around 6:45 AM and headed to the mouth where the combat trolling had already begun probably at day's first light...Saw marks on screen, but could not trigger any action....Surprised at how close to shore guys were trolling...Decided to leave the crowd and ventured out to deeper water...In 50-60 foot of water there were very good screens with nice hooks...Unfortunately, not many fish were interested in our array of lures...Finally got a nice male king in the lower 20 pound class on a free slider that was dragging a hologram prism dolphin NK...Never caught a King on a free slider before so I wasn't too sure that the line and set up would hold, but it did...Hope action gets better before the weekend since I have my brother coming to town to fish for the mighty salmon...Keep the reports coming....Thanks and have a great day!

POPS on the GUMPY II

I was out there too on Monday and managed 3 kings up to 20# and 1 lost big king (not me Ray!). The usual river setup, silver/bloody nose and green/black ladder back J's with leads from 80ft to 10ft and depths from 5ft to 14ft. Slower seemed better.

Longline nice to finally put a face to ya :) Jax had the radio on scan I think :?