Cannon Mag 20 ??

I have a Cannon Mag 20 i added to my boat this year. The problem i am having is if the rigger is down say 75ft it comes up nice and fast for about the 1st 30ft or so then begins to slow down. it will come to a complete stop and pop the inline fuse i installed at the battery if i i dont stop it manually and let it sit for a little bit. I have to continue to do this all the way up if i am fishing deeper. The wires are all brand new from cannon, the only differnce is i had to add wire because the length of the cannon wires were not long enough to reach my battery, the wire i used is the same 10ga. i have my other 2 Digi-troll II's wired with, with no problems other than they are alot slower than the mag 20 but that is just the way it is. Any suggestion what else i can try..??? I am hoping that its not the motor seen as how i bought 2 of these rigggers this year and put one in the lake this year already :@ and one that doesnt work properley.

Thanks Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Sounds like the bearings for the spool are dry and need to be lubercated. I would take it to a Cannon service shop and have them check it. That rigger should be under warranty.