Cayuga 6/20

Up at AES. 5:30-8:30 lifting lakers from the depths. Very good fishing. 65-75 fow.

Then I put out 2 dipsys and a 7 color core looking for salmon. Spoons all around. Got one dink salmon and two more lakers between 8:45 and 10 trolling from AES N. I do okay on the salmon early on and always seem to have trouble after about this time of year. More practice needed. Two spoons I like didn't get touched, all three rips came on one dipsy rod with something green I haven't fished before. Can't do anymore trolling until I get better rod holders, the clamp on Downeasters are starting to crack my rails even with a piece of wood under them.

10:15-11 jigged up another laker and headed home out of the heat and sun. Also fouled a lamprey which never let go of the laker despite a good fight with several big dives for bottom. Netted them both, when they came out of water the lamprey finally let go. Man those things can really hold on.

Beautiful morning with a light fog to start. AES was generating again. Saw the sawbelly suppliers leaving the park when I got there first thing.

DSCN3318.jpg

added pic 5:45

AES is the power plant about 1/3 of the way up the lake on the East side between Myers Park and Long Point SP. Used to be called Milliken Station. Good fishing area especially when they are generating power, the outflow attracts all sorts of fish.

The sawbelly guys supply the area bait shops, they use a skiff and net a truckload of them at night just offshore at Taughannock, used to see them regularly when I dipped my own bait.