Blue Moon cayuga report 6/23 6/24

Still fishing from sheldrake to past deans cove. Slow pick on sat but we ended up with a dozen. Same ole program 100 to 120 down 50 to 90 on the riggers and wires out 250 to 300. White or green paddles with big Weenies and R&R spoons in black and purple or green with a white cup.

Sunday was better in the same area and they hit pretty much right up to the end of the trip.

Fleas are bad now. Time to splice in the 50lb to deal with it. Last year they were so bad 30lb was worthless and I'm expecting it to be as bad this year.

Hope to have the new raymarine electronics installed for the next trip.

Good fishing to you!

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Still fishing from sheldrake to past deans cove. Slow pick on sat but we ended up with a dozen. Same ole program 100 to 120 down 50 to 90 on the riggers and wires out 250 to 300. White or green paddles with big Weenies and R&R spoons in black and purple or green with a white cup.

Sunday was better in the same area and they hit pretty much right up to the end of the trip.

Fleas are bad now. Time to splice in the 50lb to deal with it. Last year they were so bad 30lb was worthless and I'm expecting it to be as bad this year.

Hope to have the new raymarine electronics installed for the next trip.

Good fishing to you!

RR

Hi Scott,.......I've been using flea flicker right along and was thinking about trying the 30lb Big Game but after that comment you got me wondering, why bother change?

I was across the lake from you yesterday over in Aurora doing about the same. Didn’t get much of the silver fish but the lakers were looking for a snack.

Guys if you like the flea flicker go with it. I prefer to splice in 100 ft of 50lb and use a 10 ft flourocarbon leader in 15 lb using a double surgeons knot. No fleas that way and I can still use my light gear. Still though they are on the downrigger cables and on the wire. I hate those things with a passion. They stain the boat and 2 days later I can still smell the odor on my hands. Stinger were you running a ton of inline boards on sun? I thought I.saw you.

RR

No, that wasn't me Scott. I was solo and only ran one wire dip and two rigs :sweating::worried::smirk: . Didn't pick up any legal salmon and one 17" bow. The lakers were running pretty good size early then just the 3 to 5 lb'ers. Weed clumps gave me a fit `cause I wasn't watching what I was doing. :$

I don't like the FF line but just put up with it. I have an extra set of reels on board that are spooled with FF line and just put them on as needed. The reels don't hold much when you have that nasty stuff on but enough to deal with the Finger lakes fish. Frisco bout sold me on the 30lb :nod: `till you mentioned 50lb ^ :shake:

Mike last year we had fleas bad right up to my trip, Oct 25th! On Ontario they are gone by mid Aug. My 30 lb on Ontario works great but last year it did not work very well so I went to 50 lb and that did the trick. I'm just splicing in a piece with a relatively light leader so I don't loose the action of the light rods.

Ya I saw an arima over by sheldrake running about 5 ot 6 in line boards. I thought it was you and was going to yell over to give you a hard time! Good thing I didn't!

RR

Ya I saw an arima over by sheldrake running about 5 ot 6 in line boards. I thought it was you and was going to yell over to give you a hard time! Good thing I didn't!

RR

You should have known better,........not enough lines :rofl:

to_many_rods.jpgport side :itwasntme:

Well, I did my own field testing with the 30lb Big Game line yesterday. Ran 2 rods side by side off the riggers. One with 20lb Flea Flicker and the other with 30 lb BG. The 30lb line failed miserably ;( . It's better than the regular 12lb for sure but still picks up fleas enough to say, "why save your money". The only flea attachment on the Flea Flicker line was at the knot on the swivel connecting the leader.

Now I know why RR goes to 50lb. :nod: