small cuddy rod storage

hawkeye625

Jeff, I made a 4 rod horizontal rack and mounted above in my cuddy.

No more worrying about damaging rods. I store my ss wire, copper rod and lead core rods overhead and theye are secure when running. I cut the holder out of solid plastic building PVC board.I made the tip end out of rubber pipe couplings so they don't get damaged and to absorb the shock while running.

The nce thing about they way they mouned is that it is dead space in the cuddy that would never would get used.

I'll try to take some photo's this weekend and will post.

Marty

Here's what I did. I used 1x4 from a shipping crate and some hooks I bought at Lowe's. It easily holds 12 rods. Easy to organize - board rods up top, dipsy rods in the middle and rigger rods on the bottom. The rods ride well on the 400 mile trip from home to Lake O.

Cuddy_Rod_Rack.jpg

I will take a few photo's over the weekend and will post them.

What worked out nice for me is I mounted (screwed) the tip end of the holder rack to match 4 screws that were used for the overhead vent.

I only had to drill two holes in the top and of the cuddy and used stainless steel bolts, larger washers and nylock nuts so the vigration does not loosen the nuts.

Although not really requited, I used a bungie cord / eye bolts to secure the butts of the rod.

Marty

Here is what worked for me. Ran some rough water with no damage.

What is nice is the storage takes up dead space and not live space that could be used for something else.

We could all use more space.

Marty

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg