More questions about tackle :)

So I am heading out tomorrow to stock up on tackle. I'm just wondering what I should grab since I'm just starting out. I have begun buying spoons but needed some extra advice. I'm hoping that you guys can let me know what other Items are important for chasing salmon. I'm looking to stack two rods on my down riggers. So maybe some stacker releases? Any preferences? How about flashers and dodgers, what size should I be looking to buy or is there any particular color that works best. Any advice on what tackle I should be shopping for or any advice of what I should have on my boat before heading out would be greatly appreciated.

If you already have the 2 down rigger rods then go ahead and stack them like you plan but if not then get yourself a set of wire diver rods instead. Run one rigger and one wire diver off each side to start out. You will get more addicted from there but that is the way to start.

Flashers, (spindoctors and echips) not dodgers, the flashers are alot more speed forgiving. Get some whites based colors, the dots are always good or plain white/glow crush. Get some chrome based colors, like Cpt Valium or double chrome. Get some green and some chartruese with glow tape, I use these most in echips/protrolls. That will be a good start for flashers.

jason

like stated above. white, white /green dots, white/blue, silver, green double glow. as far as flies, attommik b-fly original, hammer, green crinkle, white. a big winnie fly that has been really good first thing in the morning is rons morning wood with a white/blue flasher. the b fly original is a sunny day fly run it with the silver flasher.

If you already have the 2 down rigger rods then go ahead and stack them like you plan but if not then get yourself a set of wire diver rods instead. Run one rigger and one wire diver off each side to start out. You will get more addicted from there but that is the way to start.

Flashers, (spindoctors and echips) not dodgers, the flashers are alot more speed forgiving. Get some whites based colors, the dots are always good or plain white/glow crush. Get some chrome based colors, like Cpt Valium or double chrome. Get some green and some chartruese with glow tape, I use these most in echips/protrolls. That will be a good start for flashers.

jason

Hey Jason, I picked up a half dozen rods and reels with two being dedicated as wire diver rods. def will pick up some spin doctors and e-chips, thanks!

like stated above. white, white /green dots, white/blue, silver, green double glow. as far as flies, attommik b-fly original, hammer, green crinkle, white. a big winnie fly that has been really good first thing in the morning is rons morning wood with a white/blue flasher. the b fly original is a sunny day fly run it with the silver flasher.

Excellent, thank you!

Check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28274&hilit=Goby+live

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Thanks for the link!