Species Breakdown:8 kings, 1 brown

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 220

Lure Depth: 130

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

I went out on Friday AM and started in 165 FOW in front of plant. It was a little rough and by 11 it was getting too rough for my wife. I did manage to land a small king and a keeper king. Friday afternoon was definitely too rough for me as the wind really picked up. Saturday morning my son was along and we only got 1 king. Saturday evening we ran the riggers a little deeper and our luck greatly improved. We landed 3 kings in 4 hours which is real good for us. Since I only fished at Mexico a few times, on Sunday we headed to the area where there were the most boats in front of the plant in 220 FOW. We set our riggers at 160 ft. of cable( about 130 ft. depth and 48 degrees) and our copper at 450 ft. and got 4 kings by 10 o'clock when it was time for us to pack up and head home. The last king hooked up as we started to pull our riggers. Most of the kings we caught were 15-18 lbs but we got our biggest king which was 21 lbs on the copper with a green dolphin spoon. Most of the kings were caught on Atommik hammer flies. We used various flashers . Most were green but the Big Shooter coho special did well for us also.

It was amazing that the fleas were terrible on Friday but by Saturday there were hardly any at all.

I stayed at Catfish Creek and met a lot of nice people.

I thought I would finally post a report even though I only get to fish about 3 weekends and the last two weeks of August.

Good Fishing

High Bidder