Otter boats

Just wondering what everybody else has their rope lengths set at for the front and back ropes? I've heard 9" for the front and 11" for the back as well as 9" and 13". Just want to get maximum pulling power out of them and not sure which is better. I am also setting them up with double keels. One has the full size keel weight the other has the "half keel" weight. Any preferences there or opinions on keel weights? I've heard to not run both weights cause they will sink. Don't know how true that is just what I've heard is all. Any ideas on these matters?

I just set mine up with double keels this yr. From what I read I have mine set at 9.5 and 11.5, though you may need to adjust depending on what your pulling. So far those numbers have been good for me (haven't pulled copper yet). I can't imagine two full keels on the boards. I have one full and one half keel on each board. Also make sure you drill new holes for the lines, 1" below the existing holes.

Spike

I run two dual keel boards and run one 400' copper on one and a 600' on the other. I have the rope 9" to the front and 14" to the back. I tie an overhand knot with a loop to connect the tow rope. The Big Jon instructions on the dual keel install also recommends drilling two other holes for the tow rope 1" below the two existing so the connector rope on the board runs closer to the surface of the water. I started running these this year and they track pretty good but I have to run my copper releases very close to the boards to make them run the best, otherwise it seems like the weight of the copper pulls on the tow rope too much and my copper rods "jump" from cutting into the waves.

FWIW I put dual "full keels" on the board and put it in my pool and it sunk.

Good luck,

- Chris