Hot Lure: white sd/ hammer fly

Trolling Speed: 2.7 - 3.0 surface speed

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 215

Lure Depth: 250/275 wire, 50,60, 70, 80 riggers

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Sorry post is late but home computer died. Took my dad out on the 4th. Started in 215' and stayed there all day. Was a great day fishing. Got kind of comical with 2 doubles and 1 triple with only 2 guys on board and no one to drive with 1-2 footers. 1 rainbow on DW wonderbread on 50 rigger. Another rainbow on NK Mag black with yellow tape and white belly 60 rigger. 1 king on NBK SD with hammer fly on 80' rigger. 4 kings on 250' wire with clear dipsy, white SD, hammer fly. 3 kings on 275 wire, black dipsy, black SD with green dots and white fly.

One time I was fighting a fish on 275 wire, same side rigger fires which I thought my fish crossed the line. Once I saw the rigger line had a fish jumping out of the water I realized it was a different fish. My dad looks at me laughing and says "sure hope we don't get another one", as he is trying to drive and fight his rainbow. With in 20 seconds the 250 wire fires but by the time we got to that rod nobody was home. All the kings were around the size of the one pictured. Only kept in since it didn't revive well. My dad said it has been a long time he has caught that many quality kings. Wondering how many we could have caught if we stayed out longer. One king also had a large lamprey on it.

0704121051.jpg

Rick