Species Breakdown:3 Kings 1 dink bow

Hot Lure: spoons, 42nd spoon ,NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.5 to 3

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 60-80

Lure Depth: 50-75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Finally had a chance to hook up with my son Brian this am. Dad took the day off and was praying for calm enough conditions to sneak the 16 out on the big pond to introduce Brian to salmon fishing out there. We love the finger lake thing for lakers and LL's and have done that for a few years now.

Brian has National Guard duty this weekend and a PT test to pass tomorrow am so what better way to pump up those long arms than a trip out with Dad king salmon fishing right :lol:

Pulled off rt18 and down to the empty launch :clap:

We started out the narrow channel at around 7am looking calm enough to venture out to the 50-60 depth but encountered some nasty rolling waves 2-4 foot range that really made it tough to troll outta the 16.

We decided to pound out west a few miles and troll with the waves so off towards the stack I went. I poked my way out to 70fow and the lake seemed to lay down a little so 4 poles went in. I have a 200copper/8oz torpedo rig, 1 down rigger , 1 size 40 jetdiver and a 12oz torpedo rig I hooked up on the wire dipsey pole(can't seem to get the dipseys to track well, currents not sure) The torpedo rigs have been solid for me this summer up here I think they hold consistant depth much better and track straighter with the narrow presentation.

We caught a small rainbow right off on the 200copper and a nasty fighting dink King 5-6lbs range so we stayed hopeful a bigger king may come.

At 845 the 200 copper torpedo rig starts screaming and it was on!! 8)

My son battled the 23lbs beauty for 20 minutes or so , the rolling 2's made it more exciting . After 2 solid runs we scooped him up and this Private had his first nice King .

Did a smaller 6lbs King after that. This king jumped out 4 times like a steelhead and had me baffled , never seen a king jump out like that :yes:

Marking bait all over from 60-80 hoovering at about 45-50 down and thick :yes: Calmer conditions would have been alot more fun!!

Afew pics from the morning, not the best condition inside ..a grind for sure by 1030 we were done.

quiet launch

DSCN2837.jpg

DSCN2839.jpg

early sun

DSCN2841.jpg

NW roll

DSCN2842.jpg

sons 23lbser

DSCN2846.jpg

Dads jumper

DSCN2847.jpg

====================

Thanks for the kind words guys :yes:

We really want to get the brown thing figured out next couple of trips. I hear it gets better in the fall :clap:

Hoping to get into a bigger boat by summer 13 , 14 at the latest.

Things get a little tight in this boat when you drop fish like we have up there on the deck :lol:

DSCN2843.jpg

.I can't get over how fortunate we are to have this class of fishing on our doorstep