Owasco 8-25/8-26

Had a great weekend on the water catching almost anything that swims. We started out trolling south Saturday morning at about 6:20AM. Wasn't long before our rigger rod starting jumping, turned out to be our first rainbow. He took a mupped SSW down 60ft or 100FOW. For a little guy he put on a show making several nice jumps and somersaults. Dropped one other fish on the FF rig, and called it quits by 8:30. Today was a much better fishing day for us, totaled 3 lakers and another rainbow! The riggers were parked at 96 and 76 both took fish. All the lakers came off the bottom on the SD fly rig. (BTW it's really awesome to watch to watch those streakers come out of no where then watch your rod fire simultaneously) Today's rainbow was about 16", a huge improvement over Saturdays. What blows my mind is that I've been fishing that lake for about a year and a half now, and haven't seen a single silver fish. Then we catch 2 in as many days miles apart from each other? Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you for your help, you made these fish possible and we do appreciate it.

First bow, he's tiny but I'm proud of him.

image.jpg[/url

The big boy! HA

image.jpg

Kept this laker, hooked bad, and had someone else's treble down deep.

image.jpg

Another average fish

image.jpg

All lakers from 22"-28"

image.jpg

Howdy all,

Grandpafishon and I trolled Owasco for a few hours on Saturday. Launched about 7:45

We started on the N end, west side. We marked quite a bit of bait in about 70' of water north of Fay's in front of the grey and tan places that are starting to grow grapes.

We did a small laker on a b/s jointed rapala about 50' down. The other two fish we took were off the bottom on a black/purple spoon with a silver hammered back.

We Ran to the south end and trolled around south/near the Boy scout camp with out a hit. There was one other boat trolling in that area.

We pulled the lines about 11, and headed for land.

We were running flea flicker, I dont know if it was 20 or 30. No issues with the fleas tho.

Rusty