Cayuga Jigging 9/1 - 9/3

PCPete

Well it seems my beginners luck has died off or I have yet to work out this great art... not sure which...

9/1 - Went out at 6am - Started out at Taughannock but didn't mark too many fish and could not find good bait pods so we went over to AES and tried jigging for 2 hours or so... didn't get any in the boat and the wind picked up hard... so we switched to trolling and managed to land one laker back over by Taughannock trolling about 120 FOW. Called it quits around 12:00pm

9/2 - Didn't get out early but decided to try out the "nighttime bite" as they call it... Started over north of Taughannock around 5pm or so but no fish in the boat by 7pm so we called it and went over to AES... wind wasn't too bad and my new drift buckets seemed to help a little... still gotta get em dialed in though... the wind was pushing us directly off shore so it was hard to maintain a good depth line... most fish marked were at around 120 FOW and we didn't find any boat pods... Called it quits well after dark around 9:00pm and headed back to Myers... fished there from 9:15ish to 11ish and called it quits... marked alot of fish at Myers but no takers...

9/3 - Results are in and we ended up with 1 brown around 17" just south of AES (threw it back to grow bigger). We marked alot of fish but only ended up with the one before the weather got crazy... Fish came around 7:30ish and a few other guys I talked to coming in agreed the bite died for them around 8ish... Anyhow my first brown trout and first fish with my buddy from Binghamton on our 3rd trip jigging.