Hi

tintroller

Name: Ivan Crane

Home Port:Keuka lake

Boat Name/Type: 14 ft aluminum

I fish for:lake trout mostly, catch a few browns & rainbow by accident

==================

(your welcome message to LOU - anything else you want to say to the community goes here).

Hello,I just picked up a small 14 ft. aluminum boat/8hp Merc that am planning on keeping on Keuka lake.I am looking forward to learning new things from the site.Ivan

Thanks Tom.I'm getting my boat rigged up but being financially challenged really sucks.Lol.I will be fishing blind for a while, will be difficult not knowing where the thermocline, bait are but I will save up and eventually get a fishfinder,it's just a matter of time.I built some corner brackets to mount the downriggers on ,wired in the lights and automatic bilge pump.It's coming together slowly, it'll get me out on the water to fish....Life is getting better all the while......

005.jpg

Well don't be afraid to ask about the thermocline and such guys are great on this site! Everyone is very willing to help out with info. So far the boat looks great! Take care good luck and make sure you post your results and pictures are a plus :yes:

Tom

Thanks Tom.I'm getting my boat rigged up but being financially challenged really sucks.Lol.I will be fishing blind for a while, will be difficult not knowing where the thermocline, bait are but I will save up and eventually get a fishfinder,it's just a matter of time.I built some corner brackets to mount the downriggers on ,wired in the lights and automatic bilge pump.It's coming together slowly, it'll get me out on the water to fish....Life is getting better all the while......

005.jpg

Keep and eye out in the classifieds for deals on gear there is usually a lot of good stuff on there. Also make sure you watch craigslist lots of deals coming this winter!!

Welcome to the site Ivan. A lot of us started right where you are as far as equipment. A little bit each year brings you closer & closer to the poor house with the rest of us. :D We tend to go a little overboard on the latest this or the latest that. Stick to the basics and read a lot on the sub-forums here and you can pick up some good tips. Many of the members are willing to share info on what's what in the area you'll be fishing. An inexpensive handheld radio will help keep touch on the water & is highly recommended as far as safety is concerned. A couple good rod holders for dipsey set ups with wire reels should also be considered for your next purchase.

Looking forward to your reports & pics. Good luck on the water. ;)