New boat propeller system

jimski2

Neat! There is a boat on seneca that has them. I guess on his way from where he got it he took a log between the two units and jammed it up... Had to pull it to get it out. An awesone set up though.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I got to fish abourd Volvo's flagship vessel for this system a couple of summers ago and it was very impressive to say the least. Really high-tech. Probably more than the average Great Lakes charter captain would want to deal with. Here is a little video from that trip. Unfotunately I think the crew was more concerened with keeping it clean than they were with bloodying the deck. I got a peek at their baits they were using for a tournament the next day and they were way different than we were running. I give the Lake O captains a lot of credit because most every captain I know treat every charter like it is a tournament and give it their all.

Here is Volvo's video of the boat we were fishing on.

Reportedly our newest aircraft carrier being built will have this propulsion system with electric drives. Russian icebreakers are having these types of systems also. Maybe the outboard engine manufacturers will come up with a system using their engines in a well inside the hull of our boats.