Navionics card compatability

Misty IV

My Raymarine Raychart 425 started acting up last season and, after returns to Raymarine for diagnosis and repairs, they determined one of my issues was the Navionics card was defective and needs replaced. Odd how a card can suddenly go bad, but it is an electronics device, so suppose anything is possible.

My question revolves around the compatability of the new cards. My currect unit is the older 648XL.  My Raychart says it is compatible with Navionics cards.  Does anyone know if the new Platinum cards work in the older GPS Chartplotters?  I'd hate to go and spend $200+ only to find out it doesn't work and my only option would be to have to go buy a complete new Chartplotter. Input? I can't seem to get any difinitive answers from the Navionics website. Thanks!

Platinum chips are usually for higher end units with lots of memory. The premium chip doesn't require as much memory. I have a premium chip for the NE and live in Wagontown, PA. It's west of Coatesville. If you could power your unit up off the boat, you could try my premium chip. 

I'll be putting the electronics on the boat this weekend. I work in Chester Springs, just north of the Downingtown Turnpike exchange on Rt100. If you'd be willing to let me try your card, that would be so appreciated. I'll PM you to discuss meeting up somewhere