battery chargers

reillym

Hi fellow fishermen

Im looking to buy a battery charger for my boat,trying to decide wether to get a portable unit or install one on board,

on board is easier but i also want to keep my battries up to par during winter storage,I had a pro start 3 bank on my

boat last year but seems they are getting some bad reviews this year and the boat is gone it was a lemon, Dual pro is another that seems to be getting good reviews but also expensive.Like to know what every one else is using and the pros and cons they are having.

Thanks

Hello! Well I have used two minn kota 220 in the past. They were both ten amps per channel and worked great. I keep my boat in the garage all year round with the charger plugged in. Once the batteries are charged it automatically switches to maintainance mode. The first boat I had it for 3 years and never had a problem with my batteries. The current boat I have had for a year and so far so good. I brought my boat in for an oil change(should have got an Etec lol) and it started on first try! Thank god i was going fishing the next day for browns! I hope that helps you out but in my oppinion the minn kota charger works great! Sal