Stewardship in the New Year: Sportsman's Stewardship Pledge

Greetings from Recycled Fish!

We first want to thank the moderators of the board for their generous offer to let us share the Sportsman's Stewardship Pledge here. It's something for anglers everywhere, and you guys are obviously a stewardship-minded community, which is very cool.

We saw that you have your own pledge, the LOU Pledge, and that's great. Please take ours as well - you'll get a free membership to Recycled Fish and double your "Pledge Power."

Recycled Fish is the organization of anglers as stewards of the resource. In this new year, there's a push like never before for those of us who love the lakes, streams and seas to be the best caretakers of them that we can be.

Our waterways are a "canary in the coal mine" for bigger environmental problems, and in our times they're speaking to troubles indeed. We anglers and sportsmen are the ones who have for generations been their stewards, and we must carry on that legacy together.

Check out the Sportsman's Stewardship Pledge below, and then click through to our site to add your name to stand up as a steward in a new way in 2008!

Everybody who takes the pledge gets a free packet of goodies in the mail from us, including FoodSource Lures, a Seafood Watch guide, RF Decal and more.

There's no cost, nothing to buy, but everything to lose. Our lakes, streams and seas need not just sportsmen but stewards in 2008.

http://recycledfish.org/home/wp-login.php?action=register

I choose to be a good steward of our natural resources on and off the water by living a lifestyle of environmental awareness.

I will always abide by fish & game laws where I fish or hunt.

I practice Catch and Release & Selective Harvest faithfully and responsibly.

I will “police my resource,â€Â