Owasco Weekend

After the 3 hour drived north on Friday, I was very eager to get out on the water.  Fished Saturday and a little in the morning Sunday until the wind and a bad fishfinder pushed us off the water.  We started trolling the west side at about 7am Saturday to a surprising amount of boat traffic.  It seemed as though we weren't able to get away from the pack until we crossed lake.  Anyway, only caught two but had tons of streakers and bait on the screen.  Both fish were very solid with the larger of the two in the 27-28 inch class.  We quit around ten, only to find our dock surronded by activity.  Schools upon schools of rainbow and brown trout working the surface and feeding on that morning's hatch,  Managed to catch one small brown and a stocky smallmouth in about 10 minutes of casting.  After lunch tried jigging and banged into another nice laker on my first drop.  Had tons of action until the fishfinder started acting up.  Sunday was a different story, strong southern winds forced us into trolling without a fully operational fishfinder...  Fished about an hour and half having only one small laker breaker my leader at the back of the boat.  (Still trying to figure out the new 300' copper rod...) After a transducer swap and some troubleshooting went out to test the graph one last time, and banged into a spunky lake trout in 18ft of water jigging a blade bait!  Anyway, overall a nice weekend other than losing a FF combo and still not figuring out the trouble with the graph.  Attached a few shots, nothing special but pictures make posts more interesting. 

post-149977-0-89272700-1369006424_thumb.jpg

post-149977-0-99890100-1369006457_thumb.jpg

post-149977-0-02275700-1369006493_thumb.jpg