Hi All,

Had more newbies out this weekend. It was a very slow day, but knock on wood, the new boat has not got skunked yet. Better still, everyone I have taken out over the last season and so far this year has caught there first and/or biggest fish ever. This time we only managed one steelhead about 2 pounds, but it was a first and biggest for a girl that was new to Lake O fishing.

We started out at daybreak in close, and made a few passes from shore out 15'. Nothing doing. Saw a few other boats, also doing nothing. From there we went NE towards Sodus. I had 2 riggers with free sliders, 2 four lcores on side planers, and one down the chute. We hit 204' and picked up the steelhead on a fire tiger Jr. Thunderstick flatlining down the middle. We had 2 rigger releases, but I am guessing they were on the sliders because we did not hook up. We went out to 250 NE of Sodus with a group of boats, but did not pick anything up.

I marked very few fish or bait balls in that clear water anywhere. It was however a beautiful day on the water for a boat ride. Next time out will be June, and we will be out with wire divers hunting unless we finally get some colored water.

Cheers,

Tom

post-143290-0-39511000-1369015225_thumb.jpg

We went out of Hughes yesterday and we are 4-8. Caught a 7 pound steelhead off the 30 foot rigger. We picked up a brown off the slider on a 50 foot rigger, and caught a 6 pound king and a skipper king of the 70 foot rigger. Had 3 hits and no one home, and we lost a laker off the 7 core right behind the boat. Every hit but one was on spoons. It was just nice to be back on Lake Ontario, looking foward to the rest of the year it is only going to get better.

Hey, I think you were the person that answered my radio check. You had just caught a steelhead. Sounds like you had better day than me. It was nice to be out anyway on a day like that.

I ran spoons on my riggers and sliders with just the two releases. I ran stick baits flat and on the leadcore. I tried running anywhere from 2-7 colors. I was running anywhere from 2-4 MPH on my SOG, and 1.5-3 MPH down speed on the ball (sub troll). Did you find a speed that was working any better? There doesn not seem to be much of a pattern with this cold clear water.