The finger or the trench

New to trolling for salmon and trout. Could someone please explain to me where the trench and finger are out of Henderson? I am familiar with the islands out there but not those two areas. I have been looking for some kind of picture or photo to help me out. Any help is appreciative, thanks!

The trench is right past the stony lighthouse and the finger I'm assuming might be the cut. Don't know if anything is in that area right now but down off stony they've been doing really good on the browns

The trench is right past the stony lighthouse and the finger I'm assuming might be the cut. Don't know if anything is in that area right now but down off stony they've been doing really good on the browns

The finger is actually a touch north west of the light house on the west end of the trench. If you have a GPS with maps, scroll out to the trench, then to the trench, then north west about 1.5 miles you will see a "wall". It goes from 60' down to 140', witness a great place in spring/ early summer when the bait is in the area. You will deff need a speed and temp unit to get the speed right. There is a good current going through there. If you troll along the edge of the wall becareful, it is a place to lose a ton of gear!!! Good Luck, I have done well on a full spoon rig in early summer!!

Capt. Rich

• 1 month later...