Finger lakes

So for a guy who lives an hour north of Syracuse only fished lake O where's a good start for some deep water action in the finger lakes region. Just want to mix it up. Every time I drive by one of the lakes they just seem so calm with some nice views

Right now Seneca seems to be doing better than most.....

Launch at the State Park at the north end  Pay launch) or old Chamber Of Commerce (where construction is going on nearer Geneva would probably be closest but Sampson State Park on the East side  ,(Rt.# 96) toward the middle of the lake is a real good place to start out too.    maximum depth over 500 ft. off on an angle south from Sampson. Lakers, Rainbows, Landlocks, and just abut everything else but Chinooks and Cohos  :)           

CALM...If you are looking for calm my friend drive right past Seneca and Launch into Keuka.  The Keuka Lake State Park(Branchport end) has a beautifull launch and you really cant beat the view of the bluff.  The best view will be of  your box of fish because it will be chock full of great eating size trout.  A very friendly lake it is......Seneca can be a bear if its a bit windy and the bite is slow.  Cayuga and Canandaigua are a nice happy medium of bigger fish but little rougher seas than Keuka. Best of luck....

They say...

Keuka for numbers...(lake trout)

Cayuga for the bigger size...

Seneca to test your skills.. Seneca has some amazing Bow fishing and Atlantic fishing.. Like said above, Cayuga is having a rough year I hear?

Nick