Double stack on downrigger

I have heard of people doing this. How much distance do you put between the ball and the added clip? HOw much line do you run off of each one to the lure? It is better to put SD at the ball and spoon on the second line. I saw video on youtube explaining but they have different opinion. Did i put the line at the ball Longer than the second one?

Thanks

I run stackers 100% of the time with very little issues.  I dont pay any attention to what length leads I use.  When I get a release on the bottom rod I just hold the tip of the rod out to the side of the boat for a few seconds just till is gets by the stacked line.  I fish Cayuga lake the majority of my fish are lakers.  Its rare I get a fish-on that will wrap up other lines.  I usually stack lines 20ft apart.  Ill catch lakers on the bottom line and a mix bag on the stacker.  Ive set lines as little as 10' apart.  Yes putting a flasher/fly rig on bottom ans stack a spoon farther up works well.  Or you can just run cheaters.

Edited by vogel451

When I'm not running a board, I always stack on the non-probe rigg'r.  I'm different that Vogel though.  My F/F is on top about 15-20 ft back and usually 12-15 ft up.  Clean spoon on the bottom 10-25 ft behind the stacker.  Never had a problem (& I'm one of the "ol guys.")  Experience will tell you what you can do & how to handle it.

You have to be careful when you lower the ball with the F/F on the bottom.  It will not go down as fast as the as the upper spoon.

Tom B.

(LongLine) 

The lure is naturally going to stay at the peak of the arc created by the drag of the water.  LongLine is right, Through a little trial and error you will be able to tell at what point behind the boat for the line to disappear into the water and the amount of bend in the downrigger rod.. You want to get a hook set as soon as possible but yet not trip the lure on the downrigger.  I like the lightweight flutter spoons for stackers/cheaters because they put off so little drag.