SylvanSeeker - New to the Forum!

Hello all,

I am a long time small lake and river fisherman who has taken most fish that swim in the back lakes and tributaries, but I have never experienced a day on the big Lake trying to hook up with a mighty Chinook, Coho, or Brown.

So, yes I strapped a couple of downriggers on the vessel along with some rod holders and invested in some hardware to tackel what swims in Lake O.

Being from Brockville, I am a few hours away from what I believe to be the closest starting point for a salmon...so yes, I turned to this forum to provide some insite on how I might up the odds for success on the 1 or 2 trips I may make this summer during some vacation time.

I appreciate the curtosy many of you have shown with updates, hot lures and the like...and hope to do the same when I return off the water sometime in the near future. With any luck and tame weather...I hope to entertain a few family members and bring home a critter for the BBQ.

Good luck this summer and I wish everyone a safe season on the Lake!

Brian

Thank you Spike!

Well, we made plans but the pending weather and risk of winds upgrading made us change our mind and wait for another day.

(Waters were dead calm here, and a brief rain storm came through for 15 minutes...huh, should have made the trip.)

We headed to a lake in our back yard and found a couple of nice Lakers for the Barb-ee', 3 pounders are tasty!

How was the fishing on Lake O Saturday?