Always something..

YodaMage

So my kicker appears to be sparkless. Starting spins without any sign of ignition. Saturday I changed out plugs and hit it with some starter fluid both down the carb as well as fogged the cylinders while plugs where out. Sure sign to me of no spark. (Even without compression, a spark and some starter fluid will make a bang). engine is a 1993 Yammy 9.9, and in reading it is most likely one of 4 things: stator, CDI, pulser coil or ignition coil. While I could most likely deal with it, I have no time to be f'ing with this motor right now.

Anyone know if there is anyplace in Wilson or anyone around that area that will come work on the motor while the boat sits in the water? Or that will come pull motor? I'd pay to get the electrical fixed and while it is being worked on, get the carb cleaned up and would happily pay for it. 

I have a feeling it is going to be decorative until the fall and the boat gets pulled, but hoping there is an alternative. I talked to one of the guys in the shop at Sunset where it is docked, but they say they are busy months out..

Check the saftey switch first. If that is gone you wont get any spark either. Do what you can then bring it somewhere. Checking the saftey switch should be easy enuf.A decent manual will also tell you how to check the other components you mention as well. Might be as simple as checking them and maybe a plug and play part. Google the problem as well, you may find an answer or at least some direction that way as well. I had problems two weeks ago and by doing what I could first figured it out. Saved some $$$.

Spike