Canandaigua 6/30

On board today I had fireplug and Christopher, a young man visiting Todd with the Fresh Air Fund group, we started early in the north end around 5:45 am.  Worked the drop off south past German Bros. good screen but didn't move a rod.  We circled back north and turned east before the drop off heading toward the dragon wall.  Decided to move south.  Last rod pulled was a wire diver and fish hit it on the pull.  Christopher dropped that one but it was his first time on wire rod.  We moved to just north of Long Point on east side.  Dropped our 3 riggers in and 2 wire divers, 200' copper and 7 color core.   We went a couple miles before sliding out west across the lake towards the condos and bam.  Finally get a hooked up on the diver rod with a mtn dew spin dr and mirage fly.  Ran many color combos before finding that one trick pony for us.  Christopher brought in the two fish we managed to boat on that wire diver combo out 210'.   We did take shots on the live wire spin dr and gator fly but dropped them 2 times.  Also had a rigger fire with 42 second spin dr and reel hooked up fly but had a drop again.  Nice morning out there some sun, some clouds, then more sun.  Then lots of boats.  Pulled lines around 11:45.  I think the lake is setting up now, had 51* down 50 feet in north end, and 56* down 55 feet in middle of lake out from condos.

At least you hit some fish Troutman....things have been very slow out there lately and couldn't get them dialed in at all yesterday. All that storm activity may have been a factor then but it just seems slower than usual this year...and where the heck are the browns? Good report Thanks.

Les

Good going. Wish I could have been out there today instead of yesterday....would have stayed dry at least :)