Newbie loading line counter reel for fishing out of Olcott

HI,  Just wanted to know what I should use for backing, How much and what lb test for backing?  I will mostly be fishing from downriggers but will occasionally use Dipseys or planer boards. I have Daiwa

Accudepth line counter reels, 30 lb braid and a spool of 25 lb mono at my immediate disposal but can acquire whatever is recommended.  What should I be using as leader?  I have seen recommendations of 30 to 50 lb mono.  Thank you for your help.

Right now with the fleas as bad as they are, 30-40 lb mono is a must on riggers. I like Maxima for its abrasion resistance and the chameleon color but there's others. Have Wes at slippery sinker load a couple 45 size reels with 19 strand wire for your dipseys

I also use 30lb Maxima, stuff is awesome. Run 30lb wire on your divers 1/3 the depth down as you are back, 300 back 100 down, 150 back 50 down on a 2 setting, approx settings. 1000 ft will fit your 47 size reel perfect, wrap the spool with electrical tape before putting the wire on so it doesn't spin.