I was out solo yesterday and did 4 for 7. I put two majors in the box 30# and 24# I released 2 smaller kings hoping to put one more big guy in the box.  I had my chance only to lose it at the boat when I tangled the net in a rod holder. It only took a few seconds but while I was working on getting the net free the fish went around the downrigger cable and was gone before I had a chance to get the net under it. Getting them in the net can be tough when you out there solo!  Now I am thinking I need to get rid of that atwood rod holder.

Any way I headed out at 6 am and fished to 1:30.  Setup in 150 and worked out to 250. Nothing going and a blank screen so I started working my way back in. I fished for 3 ½ hours with nothing. I decided to pull one of the 8†SDs and put on a 11’ flasher down 90. 10 minutes later it fires just inside of 180. I turned east and stayed in the 175 to 180 foot range. I decided to pull the SD off the other rigger and put on another 11†flasher before I was finished putting it down the dipsy fires. For the next two hours it was game on. I had the dipsy out 350 on a # 2 setting with a SD and it took two fish. The 90’ rigger took 4 and one fish on the other rigger down 80. It turned off just as fast as it turned on. I hooked up my last fish the same one I lost when I tangled the net at 11:30. I just could not get anything else to go after that. I was tempted to stay out all day but my arms were tired and decided to call it a day. It was a great day probably the best all year and my first 30# king in about 4 years. I do hope all you guys enjoy the same kind of day. Good luck! 

I to finish solo and know a good day is awesome.fish west of you were good a 200 but moved to 400.some still in close but temp is 50 at 120.thursday it was 85 for 50.at harbor now going out in a bit.sau how is smallmouth by you.? Us ssolo guys should meet, now many can take a lonh day