'bout time

FX

'bout time I did this. I have gotten back into Lake O fishing after being away, fishing Lake George and Champlain the last 15 years. I fished out of Sodus last season with a friend of mine until getting my own ride - a 1967 20' Pennyan that I got wet a few times late in the season out of Oak Orchard. Didn't do too bad last season, but boy do I have a lot to learn! I feel very fortunate to have found this site and enoy the commoraderie displayed here which is very addicting!! (Any self-help groups for this yet?) I look forward to being an active member and meeting a lot of you. Good luck to evryone this upcoming season!! Come on spring!!!

Shawn

Welcome to the board Shawn! You think it is fun on here now... just wait till those summer months roll around here. One of the best things about this board, like you said, is the opportunity to meet some of the people from LOU in person out on the water. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the members and they really are a great (and funny) bunch of guys who are the best at what they do..... fishing :)

Hey Shawn, welcome. I'm a new poster on this board too. Watched from the sidelines for a while and learned a lot...I spent many hours trolling Lake Geo. , seems like the LandLocks have dropped off quite a bit up there, we can still do OK on the Lakers but have a problem hooking up with them silvers.........I spend most of my fishing time up on "O" now........gotta love it..

Joe

eastern Lake "O"

Thanks gotaway! Welcome to you too! Those Landlocks are awesome up there and it is disappointing the numbers have dropped off. We used to keep a lure just out of the propwash and catch quite a few - that's a blast!

Shawn

Use that same propwash tactic on "O" for Coho..Favorite lure is a Bomber long A . Color is a blue back,chartruese flash sides, orange belly. Depending on speed I use either a straight or jointed..just enough weight to keep it under the surface, run just at the end of the prop-wash ..

Joe