EPSFA Walleye and Walleye/Steelhead Tournaments

Y-Knot

In the home Port of Erie Pennsylvania,

June 28th 2008 we will be having a Walleye tournament one day only $100 entry fee with 100% pay back.

We also have a very large Walleye/Steelhead combined tournament Pro/Am August 2nd and 3rd 2008. Pay outs are $7,500 for pro and $4,500 for Amature for 1st place. We have a website with much more information on these tournaments reguarding the rules and what the EPSFA is and supports please check out our website http://www.epsfa.com. Thank you very much. Any additional questions feel free to contact our Tournament director on the website or myself [email protected]. Hope to see some new faces there this year

Come on down guys!

I know some of us are coming up to fish the Spring Scotty as well as the Niagara Pro-Am, come on down and enjoy our great late summer mixed bag offshore fishery!

The tourney produced some outstanding trophies last year including MANY 'eyes over ten and I believe the largest a tad over 13# as well as many steelies over 10# as well with the biggest of the tourney I believe bagged by LOU member Paul Czarnecki at a little over 14#.

• 4 months later...

Tourney was held in Pennsylvania waters of Lake Erie on Saturday the 28th. 45 teams entered with a maximum of 9 walleyes allowed to be weighed in per team and each walleye had to be a minimum of 18" long.

Tough fishing right now across most of the east central and eastern basin. Warm water blown in from a CONSTANT regime of westerlies has fish scattered across the water column from top to bottom. Fish can be found as shallow as 18 feet of water as deep as 75 feet of water and from 15 feet below the surface all the way to the bottom. Scattered fish meant that a little more than half of the boats entered brought their 9 'eyes to the scale.

Team Storm Warning II managed to bring 9 to the weigh in and took a few extra home for the fryer. Unfortunately, our 9 fish were totally comprised of the banner 2003 year class and averaged a scant 3.5#. Hard to win an event like this without a "kicker" or two.

Here is the final top 10. Standard 10 points per fish scoring along with 1 pt. per pound.

IMG_1644edit.jpg

Here are the big fish for the tourney: (Some of these teams look familiar, here are the top 10 with their "kickers"???)

IMG_1645edit.jpg

Here is team X-Kuz-Me II with a VERY impressive 54.55# box. They blew second place out by a good margin.

IMG_1562.jpg

Great time had by all despite some heavy wave conditions. We look forward to more good times and more quality fish in August when hopefully some of you guys on this site will come down and fish with us in the 3rd Annual EPSFA Walleye & Steelhead Pro Am August 2-3 at the Port of Erie, PA

www.epsfa.com