Fairhaven B.A.R. None Shakedown

Got a late start Sat morning due to having to trailer boat to State launch then back to dock/slip to set things up and make sure she was running ok. Got out on the lake around 9:00 east out of the chute and set up but had trouble with the new otter boats and took a while to adjust the damn sting lengths so they would run right. After all that we went inside 12fow or so and had a slow pick of a brown and a steelhead. Tried outside a bit more not so much. Went back inside in 8fow and the water temp was up to 50 in spots and we picked the browns up pretty good. Hot plug off the boards was a goby smithwick and the hot spoon was a stinger glow frog 4' down 75 back.

Sunday the weather was way too nasty for us so we installed a new planer board mast and reels mounted to the hardtop. Should work!

Tight lines and screaming drags to all...

Randy

Sounds like a decent shakedown!  The strings on those otters do have to be just right or they run like crap.  I played with mine for a few hours in the garage the night before i ever used them.  That was doing the upgrade for the dual keels.  I used the metal blanks that come with newspaper bundles as washers on the back.  They work awesome once they are dialed in!