Oneida 5-18-14

johnnywalleye

545am-1130am.2 perch 1 eye..lost lots of fish..get a dozen cranks on the real and proof no more fish..added a baby treble to the jig..no bites..take treble off and list 4 more..really confused. .dont know what to make of it..and so long 4 now.john

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139665-14004494507407_thumb.jpg

Oneida has been fishing hard for me since opening weekend.  So many pickeral its sickening.  Did very well opening weekend but the eyes were not spawned yet.  I have to assume most went up the creeks and it should get better soon.  Ive covered the lake from one end to the other searching and everyone I have talked too has been in the same situation.  Even trolling around the beach has produced little.  I have had many short bites but the amount of pickeral that are getting hooked in same areas sort of makes me thankful as its one less sea rat I have to handle lol.

I do not find them that annoying when they are all over 20 but when they start all being around 15 or less they are a major pain in the sphincter.  Best to feed the eagles and the snappers when it gets like that.

Jig fisherman have been having good luck in 8-15 fow near Sylvan Beach, Edgewater, and Messengers.

Heard that there were a few good catches, ripping Sonars in the canal/Fish Creek as well.